Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wang Fu Jing night market, Bejing,China - 2





Wang Fu Jing is equivalent to Bukit Bintang in Malaysia , it is full of activity especially at night.But rather focusing on the shopping aspect of wang fu jing , there is one interesting aspect of wang fu jing which i found very interesting.Located directly infront of Wang Fu Jing Hotel lies the Wang Fu Jing Food Market.It has a large selection of exotic food and street food which is uncommon for people from other part of the world.If in malaysia you will find fishball and chicken sausage in a stick , here will will find scorpion , large centipede , spider and even cockroachers skewered and barbecued chinese style.I was tempted to try the silk worm barbecued (halal of course) and just as i imagined , it taste horrible and i could see the seller smile squemishly at my attemp.Suprisingly there are a lot of halal food stall in wang fu jing and all of beijing and food is never a problem for me here.I had been to interesting places all over the world and wang fu jing is a class on its own.

6 comments:

  1. alamak.. tak sedap eh? I thought the silk worm is nice. I planned to try if I ever have the chance to eat it. but after reading your entry.. uuww.. I better not

    ReplyDelete
  2. rasa mcm lipas , itu kalau pija pernah makan lipas, he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to my blog greytatami-there are a few halal stall there which display the halal logo .generally food in beijing is never a problem as there is halal food everywhere .the population of muslim in beijing is quite big also

    ReplyDelete
  4. makkkk... takot Den nak cuba.... Hihi

    ReplyDelete