Saturday, November 21, 2009

2012


I had an opportunity to watch this movie today with my wife at The Curve.Left Jr with my parent today and off i go with my wife to the cinema.It had been a while since i went to the cinema with my wife , 1 and a half year to be exact. We both enjoy our time together and it feels like having our date again.

Hmm... about the movie :-

2012 is a film based loosely on the 2012 phenomenon and directed by Roland Emmerich. The film stars John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Amanda Peet, Oliver Platt,Danny Glover, Thandie Newton, and Woody Harrelson. The film was distributed by Columbia Pictures. Filming began in August 2008 in Vancouver.

The film briefly references Mayanism, the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, and the 2012 phenomenon in its portrayal of cataclysmic events unfolding in the year 2012. Due to solar flarebombardment the Earth's core begins heating up at an unprecedented rate. This results in a series of Doomsday event scenarios plunging the world into chaos, such as California falling into the Pacific Ocean, the eruption of the Yellowstone National Park caldera, shifting of the continents by crustal displacement, Megatsunami impacts along every coast line on the Earth, and the flooding of the entire planet. The film centers around an ensemble cast of characters as they narrowly escape multiple catastrophes in an effort to reach ships in the Himalayas, along with scientists and governments of the world who are attempting to save as many lives as they can before the disasters ensue.


Overall the plot of this movie was predictable from the start.If not because of the stunning visual effect , this movie would be plain . Honestly the genre of this movie had become a cliche and the genre of DOOMSDAY had been overused in most of Hollywood film.But overall me and my wife had enjoy this film and we recommend it to all.

4 comments:

  1. xplorer, is there loads cinemagoers? I cannot tahan the crowd. I'll wait for another two weeks before catching the movie.

    By the way, if you watch the official trailer, you are actually seeing nearly 80% of the special effects & stunts :)

    Cheers!
    mylo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm.. some of my friends strongly disapprove me to watch that movie. somehow my wife likes the movie. the effects are said to be like cartoon. is it true? i'm still in 2 minds whether to watch the movie or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mylo - the cinema was full man.The movie was plain if not because of the special effect

    gerbert - the effect are awsome . go and watch it

    ReplyDelete
  4. xplorer,

    OK...I'll wait for another two weeks :) Then, the cinema will belong to me :)

    Cheers!
    mylo

    ReplyDelete